Have a few fruits and veggies in your fridge that are getting ready to go bad? Well I’ve got some good news for you... you can blend them up and give them to your dog!
Just recently I’ve learned that fruits and veggies are great superfoods for dogs. They’re full of essential vitamins, minerals, and cancer-fighting agents!
I’ve been making a huge mistake though... because I used to feed my dogs chunks of apples and whole blueberries. Apparently, dogs can’t digest whole fruits and veggies! You have to blend them up! So here’s how to make your own Superfood Fruit & Veggie Mix for your dog:
1. Grab some fresh kale, blueberries, raspberries, parsley, and apples (about a handful of each). Heads up, I have no exact measurements. I just whipped this together!
2. Cut fruits/vegs into small pieces.
3. Put cut-up fruits/vegs in a blender or food processor.
4. Blend your fruits/vegs together. The mix will start to look a little chunky. Add a splash of water and blend again.
5. Here’s the final product! You can add more water if you think the mix is too thick. Continue to blend as needed.
6. Add your Superfood Mix to your dog’s bowl. Pictured I have 3lbs of Chicken Mix, Dehydrated Smelt , Organic Cage-Free Egg, 2tbls Superfood Fruit & Veggie Mix, and Parsley for garnish. You can even add this mix to your dog’s kibble and see if they like it!
If you have leftovers, stick the remaining mix in small containers or bags and keep in the fridge for no more than 1-2 days (or freeze and defrost as needed).
Let me know if your dog liked this recipe in the comments!