I’ve been receiving a lot of questions about how to get started in the dog breeding business. I’m so excited for you all! Although starting your own breeding business can be a lengthy process, I have a few tips to help you get started!
- Set clear short-term and long-term goals. Have an idea of what you want to achieve in the breeding community. What’s your niche?
- Take the time to learn about heredity and canine genetics. This cannot be achieved overnight. You will need to study!
- Network with other breeders to exchange valuable information. Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- Find dogs to lay your foundation. Do NOT rush this process! Your foundation dogs will determine the success of your breeding business.
- Create your kennel name, set up a website, and purchase equipment. Make sure you properly manage your spending and keep every single record and receipt. You’ll thank yourself later!
Are you ready to start your kennel? We’re here to help! Drop a comment or send us an email💜